Monday, February 19, 2007

Left-over Cacciatore-style Chicken, with Rice!

We had quite a bit of the Cacciatore left-over (2 people, about 8 thighs).

I made a fresh pot of rice then I warmed about half of the left-over Cacciatore in the microwave (on a porcelain plate, food arranged like a donut leaving the center open, with a glass bowl on top - I never use plastic anything in the micro).

I think this was even better the 2nd time around. The chicken had more of a shredded consistency. It was very flavorful and went even better with the rice that with the pasta.

This was an easy recipe and so easy to make extra. I definitely recommend trying this one.

Also, I could tell that I did a good job of skimming all the excess fat on that first batch because there was no fat at the top of the left-over batch when I removed it from the refrigerator.

I think that is really important to do to be sure this is a low fat recipe. It also keeps this light. There is no heavy feeling after the meal.

No comments: